Missed call is a powerful business tool in developing countries like India where customers give a miss call to specific phone numbers for getting account details, providing feedback, voting etc. On receiving a missed call from a registered phone number, the underlying app performs a phone number lookup and sends the data to the caller via text message(SMS) or records the call details for future processing.
HDFC Bank recently introduced missed call service for its retail customers which allows to retrieve bank account details, mini statement etc. by simply giving a miss call to their toll free numbers.
Following services are now available:
- 1800 270 3333 - Account Balance
- 1800 270 3355 - Mini Statement
- 1800 270 3366 - Request for new Cheque Book
- 1800 270 3377 - Request for Bank account statement
Also you can download HDFC Mobile Banking Application by giving a missed call to : 1800 270 3344.
Other banks providing missed call service
- Axis bank(known as Axis Dial) - 09225892258
- Bank of India - 022-33598548 - Account balance
- Syndicate Bank - 09664552255 - Balance Outstanding in their CASA Account
- ICICI Bank - 022-30256767 - Account balance
- Punjab National Bank - 1800 180 2222/1800 103 2222 or Tolled Number 0120 2490000 - Account Balance
- Canara Bank - 092892 92892 - Account balance
India's largest public sector bank SBI has not yet started missed call service, hopefully they will start this soon. Meanwhile you can call the toll free numbers 1800 11 22 11/1800 425 3800 to know your balance.
SBI recently introduced missed call service, details below:
- Balance Enquiry - Give a Missed Call or SMS ‘BAL' to 09223766666
- Mini Statement - Give a Missed Call or SMS ‘MSTMT' to 09223866666