Unique identification number(UID) or Aadhaar(means 'foundation' or 'support') is a number which uniquely identifies a citizen of India and is linked to his or her demographic and bio-metric information.
Aadhaar is not only a proof of identity but also recommended as a mandatory document for government services like LPG, Employee Provident Fund(EPF) transfer and withdrawal etc. Also Aadhaar would be made mandate for food ration, medical treatments and other state government services.
Where to download Aaddhar Enrollment Form?
Aadhaar enrollment form is freely available at all enrollment centres. Also you may download it from UIDAI website. Some enrollment centres accept only forms in local languages, you may download them from the links provided below.
- Download Aaadhar Enrollment Form in English
- Download Aaadhar Enrollment Form in Hindi
- Download Aaadhar Enrollment Form in Kannada
- Download Aaadhar Enrollment Form in Malayalam
- Download Aaadhar Enrollment Form in Marathi
- Download Aaadhar Enrollment Form in Tamil
My wife/son/daughter doesn't have any address proof mentioned in the UDAI website. How can they enroll for Aadhaar?
Don't worry, first you enroll for Aadhaar, then you can introduce other family members but they need to submit proof of relationship(PoR) along with their application form. The following documents are valid proof of relationship:
- PDS Card
- MNREGA Job Card
- CGHS/State Government/ECHS/ESIC Medical card
- Pension Card
- Army Canteen Card
- Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth, Municipal Corporation and other notified local Government bodies like Taluk, Tehsil etc.
- Any other Central/State government issued family entitlement document
Can I fix Aadhaar appointment online?
UIDAI has started taking online appointment on a trial basis and is available only for the following states:
- Central Bank of India , Bank Square, SCO 68-69 Bank sq. , Chandigarh, Chandigarh, Chandigarh - 160017
- Central Bank Of India , Behind Aroma Hotel, 7/8 sector 22-c, Chandigarh, Chandigarh, Chandigarh - 160022
- New Delhi DC Office , 12/1, Jam nagar House, New Delhi, Delhi - 110001
- Matrix Processing House, Near MDH Masala Factory, 8/42 Kirti Nagar Ind. Area, Kirti Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi - 110015
- GF-58-59, World Trade Centre, Next to The Lalit Hotel, Barakhamba Lane, New Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi - 110001
- A-387, Dilkhush Industrial Area, Next to Vadhman Plaza,, G T Karnal Road, Azadpur, Model Town, North West Delhi, Delhi - 110033
- 1666/1, First Floor,, Amar Tower, Govindpuri Extension, Kalkaji, Kalkaji, South Delhi, Delhi - 110019
- Gujarat - Many places
- Haryana - Many places
- Himachal Pradesh - Many places
- Ambadi complex, RENGOLI, Tirur road, Opposite to village office, VALANCHERY, NEAR BUSSTAND, Tirur, Malappuram, Kerala - 676552
- Madhya Pradesh - Many places
- Maharashtra - Many places
- Punjab - Many places
Click here to fix an appointment online.
How to check my Aadhaar status?
You can check the status of your Aaddhaar at the Resident Portal.
Normally it takes about two to three weeks to process your application. Initially the status would be 'EID provided by you is still not available with us. Please check back after few days'.
Be patient, check your application status again after 2 to 3 days. You will see a new status 'Your Aadhaar number is under generation. Please check back after few days' once your application is under processing.
Wait for another 1 to 2 months and check again, your Aadhaar would be ready and available for download, you will see a status 'Congratulations ! Your Aadhaar has been successfully generated.You may now download the e-Aadhaar from the Resident Portal.'!
What is eAadhaar card?
You have successfully enrolled for Aadhaar but not yet received your card? You may download a soft copy of your Aadhaar card called eAadhaar from the eAadhaar Portal!
Can I change my details once enrolled?
Yes, you may change your details online or offline. For changing the details online visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal. For downloading forms and instructions to change your details via post, visit Aadhaar Portal.
We wish you a successful Aadhaar enrollment! Feel free to share your experience with the Aadhaar enrollment process.