You need to file the return on or before 31st of July of the assessment year. This article does not provide information on how to file your tax but the steps to follow after filing your returns.
Once you are done with the Income Tax e-filing, the acknowledgement form will be available for download normally in 2-7 days depends on the portal through which you filed your return. You need to download, sign and send the Income Tax Return Verification Form(ITR-V) to the Income Tax department within 120 days of submission via ordinary post or speed post only.
- The ITR-V is printed through Jet/Laser printer and not from a Dot Matrix printer.
- The ITR-V is printed in a A4 size paper.
- Print should be clear and in black ink only.
- The signature is done by the return filer only and should be in blue ink only.
- Nothing is written by the return filer on ITR-V except for the signature.
- The ITR-V is original signed copy and not a photo-copy or scanned copy.
- No other document is stapled or attached along with the ITR-V.
- The paper should not be perforated or folded at all.
- Nothing is printed on the back of the ITR-V.
- The ITR-V is to be sent via Ordinary Post or Speed Post only.
You may fill in the blank space depends on the category you fall in to:
"I further declare that I am making this return _____________ in my capacity as and I am also competent to make this return and verify it."
- In case of Individual it can be 'Your Name', Individual' or Authorized Signatory or leave this field blank.
- In case of HUF it can be 'Karta' or Authorized signatory
- In case of Partnership it can be 'Partner' or Authorized Signatory
- In case of Company it can be 'Director' or Authorized Signatory
Now you can send the signed ITR-V form to the following address:
Income Tax Department - CPC, Post Bag No - 1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru - 560100, Karnataka
The receipt of this ITR-V at ITD-CPC will be sent to your e-mail address you used while filing your IT-return.
Resources - E-Filing
- Simply eFile - www.simplyefile.com
- M/S. VENU & VINAY - www.vnv.ca
- TaxSmile - www.taxsmile.com
- R VAIDHYANATHAN - firstname.lastname@example.org
- H. GANESH - www.venkatashandanantharaman.co.in
- eTaxesIndia - www.TaxManager.in
- RAKESH KANWAR and CO. - www.rakeshkanwar.com
- H.M.GOYAL and ASSOCIATES - email@example.com
- RAJEEV KHANDELWAL - www.erirajeev.com
- SKORYDOV - https://myITreturn.com
- Span Across IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd. - www.taxspanner.com/ts/efilebyemail
- M/S MANISH SUKHANI and CO. - firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Zachariah George and Co - www.cazgc.com
- CA DINESH K KUMAR FCA, DISA(ICAI) - http://www.cadineshkkumar.com
- M.N. MITRA and Co. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- K.R.SRIRAM and Co. - email@example.com
- A. L. & ASSOCIATES - www.achigroup.com
- SINGH AGARWAL and ASSOCIATES - www.agarwalassociates.com
- ISHENDRA PANDEY - http://www.ishendra.in
- M/s. SANJAY RUIA and ASSOCIATES - www.taxeworld.com
- S A FOUJDAR and Co. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- R. R. VAIDYA and ASSOCIATES - http://rrvaidya-ca.com/
- Sheetal Nair - www.imoneyplant.com
- Cnergyis InfoTech - FileMyReturns - http://www.filemyreturns.com/
- MUNICHETTY MUKUNDA RAO - email@example.com
- PRAVEEN KUMAR NAHATA - firstname.lastname@example.org
- EasyItFiling.com - https://easyitfiling.com/
- SHARMA ASSOCIATES - email@example.com
- JIGNESH KANABAR - www.jigneshkanabar.net
The information provided in this article is only for your information. Please contact a chartered accountant or a tax professional before filing your returns.